The St Louis Section’s Younger Chemist Committee supports this award for undergraduate research students to travel to the Midwest Regional Meeting and present their research. The award helps cover costs including registration, travel, and accommodations, as well as poster printing if the student’s institution does not have printing facilities. The student will be responsible for upfront payment; expenses up to $250 will be reimbursed upon submission of receipts to the YCC Chair. Up to two awards will be made each year.
Application details: The application should include
- a copy of the abstract to be submitted
- two letters of recommendation for the student (including one from the mentor of the student, who may be at another institution/company if the research was performed during an REU/internship)
- copy of transcript with coursework/grades (does not need to be official)
- letter from the student describing their career goals and reasons for wanting to attend an ACS meeting, and indicating which session of the meeting they intend to present at (no more than two pages in length)
- description from the Department of the financial support that they have committed to the student for travel (if any).
The application deadline is August 15th for travel to the Midwest Regional Meeting that fall (the 2014 meeting is November 12–15 in Columbia, MO). You can begin the electronic application process here.