Some of the highlights follow, but sure, here’s the full document if you want a more detailed look at the goings-on.
- Council selected two candidates for 2024 ACS President-Elect:
- Dorothy J Phillips, of the Northeastern Section, retired as Director of Strategic Marketing from Waters Corporation
- Florian J. Schattenmann, of the Minnesota Local Section, CTO of Cargill Corporation
These two candidates, along with any petition candidates, will stand for election in the Fall 2023 National Election.
- One wonders if there’s a back-story to this one: “On the recommendation of the Council Policy Committee (CPC), Council approved the Petition to Amend the Duties of the Council Policy Committee to authorize CPC to review the conduct of Councilors.”
- The Committee on Meetings and Expositions is engaged in efforts to re-imagine ACS meetings, targeting increased value and relevancy.
- The Board of Directors adopted resolutions in memory of recently deceased past presidents Brian M Rushton and S Allen Heininger. Heininger was active in the Saint Louis local section before advancing to national office.